Fruitbat Factory have consistently pulled April Fools pranks since the game's release by posting news containing fake announcements and updates regarding 100% Orange Juice! Although they claim otherwise, no updates to the game were made to accompany these announcements. Many of the features in these fake announcements later ended up being released for real in later updates.
The first announcement of 2021 was posted on March 31st, 2021.
Fruitbat Factory's announcements began with a tweet announcing the release date of MAMIYA - A Shared Illusion of the World's End. Although the tweet is believed to be real, the announcement that followed is fake:
Don't forget that as usual, all owners of 100% Orange Juice on Steam will receive a free bonus character in MAMIYA - Mamiya Poppo is here to protect your hopes and dreams!
100% Orange Juice - Version 4.0 Adds New Game Mode!
We're excited to announce another huge content update for 100% Orange Juice!
First and foremost, as legally obligated by our shareholders, version 4.0 adds the much requested Battle Royale mode to 100% Orange Juice!!
Up to 256 players can compete in a no-holds-barred race for being the first to reach the final Norma!
100% Orange Juice Theatrical Feature!
We're hyped to announce that 100% Orange Juice - The Movie is coming soon to cinemas near you! This is an extended 6-hour Poppo Cut of the critically acclaimed feature film "Poppo March" lovingly remastered for IMAX and 4DX and featuring all-new content including a long-awaited appearance by the elusive Shroppo!
New event: Pigfestation!
New event combining a Valentine's Event and Pigformation is now live, allowing players to spread the good cheer of Pigformation! All Flying Red Barrels begin the event with the blessing of 'Pigformation' which can only be lifted by KO'ing another unaffected unit. The KO'd unit in turn becomes permanently Pigformed until it KOs another unit to pass on the blessing! In addition, Feed appears randomly on panels and can be collected by walking through them. Feed can be used in the Shop to directly give the blessing of Pigformation to your units that do not yet have it.
Free Bonus Character!
Owners of 100% Orange Juice on any platform now have access to a mysterious bonus character called "Kai" in 100% Orange Juice! He can be selected as one of the starter characters or purchased in the Shop later.
New Languages Supported!
We're happy to announce the addition of official support for 102 new languages to 100% Orange Juice! Going forward, all language options other than Japanese will be provided via Google Translate for the benefit of the highest number of players possible! With the new approach, we're also able to fully dub the game into all 109 supported languages via a revolutionary Text-to-Speech feature! To beta test the new features, click here.
- This is the first time an April Fools announcement has been related to a game other than 100% Orange Juice.
- This is the first April Fools announcement to link to a community-made mod on the Steam Workshop.
- The "Battle Royale" image was really created in-game, despite the massive number of units that appeared.
- was already in the game at the time of this announcement.
- was not yet added to the game, despite being referenced in this announcement.
- The effect of listed in this announcement combines the card's original effect and current effect, but is incorrectly implemented and thus entirely useless.
- A majority of the listed balance changes, as well as customizable lobby avatar frames, were later added for real in Version 3.5.
New Event Live, Game Mode & More Added in Version 2.8.3!
New Game Mode
New event is now live: Idol's Journey. The event introduces a new game mode which foregoes traditional gameplay in favor of a new rhythm game! Can you conquer the road to stardom? Event is live until April 31!
Enjoy a preview of the gameplay here!
2x EXP Event live!
In continuation of our #StayAtHome campaign, the classic Double EXP event has been dragged back kicking and screaming!
Until April 8, 10:00 PST, players will earn 2x online and co-op EXP!
Voices have finally been added for the bosses of the game, bringing voice to all units in 100% Orange Juice!
Since adding smash hit voices to the regular wild units last year, and with the upcoming Witch Pack voices, the whole cast will now finally be voiced!
Enjoy a preview of the voices of Flying Castle, Store Manager and Shifu Robot here!
Full version 2.8.3 patch notes
- The YouTube videos in this announcement were streamed live before being posted.
- The image used in this announcement links to this video.
- Unlike previous April Fools announcements, an update was released alongside this announcement. Out of the announced features, only the ones regarding Double XP Event, the updated Sound tab, and Poppo speaking normally were actually implemented.
- After the update, Marie Poppo replaced the player's avatar on the Main Menu screen. Clicking on her would play a variety of amusing voicelines from many different voice actors. Her voice remained normal outside of the main menu, however. The main menu avatar went back to normal on April 2.
- Co-op bosses were made playable by accident when the All Units Event was activated on April 9, just a week after this announcement. The event was deactivated within 30 minutes of its original start time, and was reactivated after a hotfix was released.
100% Orange Juice Version 2.0 Brings New Voices!
We're happy to announce that by popular demand, voices have finally been made available for Robo Ball, Haruo and Jonathan in 100% Orange Juice - Mob Voice Pack 1!
See the new character trailer below!
Jonathan the Seagull voice: Kyle
100% Orange Juice - version 2.0 changes
- The image used in this announcement links to this video.
- Version 2.0 was later added for real on May 16th 2019, in the very next update to the game.
- Version 2.1, and was the very next new character added to the game after this announcement. , a character that can have Sora and Sham put on a live song performance, was later added for real in
Version 1.30 Now Live, Adds Hats and Ranked Mode!
Many cool events await in our biggest content update, version 1.30! Just log in to begin the fun!
- This announcement was accompanied by an apparent update to the game's files, likely intended to make this year's trick more believable. However, the update only changed metadata, and did not include any of the advertised changes.
- The sprite of Mix Boss used in the image was made especially for this announcement.
- Swimsuit costumes were added for real in Version 1.28, just four months after this announcement.
- A fishing minigame was added for real in Version 2.9.8, more than two years after this announcement.
- The concept of a fusion boss made from existing bosses was utilized later with the addition of Version 2.7. in
- Version 1.3.2 is a version which became outdated less than a month after the game's release on Steam, and more than three years before this announcement was posted.
100% Orange Juice - Version 1.18 ~Lonely Chariot~ Now Live!
In response to some of the most long-standing requests, the highly anticipated 100% Orange Juice - Lone Rider & Scientist Character Pack is finally here alongside version 1.18 ~Lonely Chariot~!
Gain +1 to all Move rolls.
Hyper: Full Throttle (Boost)
Hyper: Avion Fire (Battle)
The character pack is available for the low price of $9.99 with a - 2.5% launch discount!
In order to reach equiblirium in character genders, the next 10 character packs are planned to feature all male characters.
...And more! Discover the exciting new items for yourself!
Look forward to a jolly good time!
- The sprite of Scientist used in the image is from 200% Mixed Juice!.
- Steam Marketplace integration was added for real in Version 1.31, though it is for Pets instead of Stars.
- In-game chat was already an implemented feature at the time of this announcement.
- A fake hotfix was announced within an hour of this announcement.
The Breaker Pack Announced!
We're happy to announce that next character pack for 100% Orange Juice will be the Breaker Pack, featuring the two fan favorites: Star Breaker from Sora and Sweet Breaker from QP Shooting – Dangerous!!
And that's not all! In addition to adding the 2 playable characters, the Breaker Pack will add all-new campaigns for both, where they struggle against the ultimate boss… Poppo!
Look forward to it
- The sprites of Star Breaker and Sweet Breaker used in the image are from 200% Mixed Juice!.
- The Breaker Pack, featuring playable Star Breaker, Sweet Breaker, and all-new campaigns for both, was added for real in the very next version of the game, only two months after this announcement. Therefore, it could be said that the true trick in this announcement was the implication that it was a trick at all.
100% Orange Juice v2.0 ~The Poppoing~ Preview
After weeks of extensive testing, we are proud to finally introduce our upcoming patch 2.0 for 100% Orange Juice.
In many ways, as befits the version number, this build finally encompasses our vision of how we always wanted 100% Orange Juice to be.
Barring any technical difficulties, version 2.0 ~The Poppoing~ will roll out on Steam very shortly. We are very excited to see the reception.
- The sprite of Big Poppo used in the image was made especially for this announcement. However, it is simply an upscaled, -themed recolor of .
- Big Poppo was later added for real in Version 1.13.3 during the 2016 Poppo Event, more than a year after this announcement.
- Version 2.0 was later added for real on May 16th 2019, more than 4 years after this announcement.
The very first announcement was posted on April 1st, 2014. The game was in Version 1.2 at the time and had not yet been released on Steam.
We at Fruitbat Factory have experienced a spiritual awakening and found our true inner calling.
We are proud to announce that in the future we will be focusing on English to Japanese localisation!
As always, our goal will be to bring great English language games to Japanese fans everywhere in the world. Wish us luck on our new journey!
- This is the only April Fools announcement focusing on Fruitbat Factory as a whole, rather than 100% Orange Juice specifically.
Other than Fruitbat Factory, the developers of Orange_Juice have pulled various April Fools pranks of their own, in the form of the development of entire April Fools games.
- QP Kiss (2007), a shooting game/fighting game/dating sim hybrid starring and (genderbent versions of and )
- Flying Crimson Barrel (2009), a short version of Stage 1 from Flying Red Barrel, except all the characters are pigs
- DEKU (2013), a game starring DEKU and Hono, falsely advertised as Alicianrone on Orange_Juice's website
- Fruitbat Factory Discord
- Steam Announcement - [April Fools'] 100% Orange Juice - Version 4.0 Adds New Game Mode!
- Steam Announcement - [April Fools] New Event Live, Game Mode & More Added in Version 2.8.3!
- Steam Announcement - 100% Orange Juice Version 2.0 Brings New Voices! (April Fools')
- Steam Announcement - [April Fools] Version 1.30 Now Live, Adds Hats and Ranked Mode!
- Steam Announcement - 100% Orange Juice - Version 1.18 ~Lonely Chariot~ Now Live! [APRIL FOOLS]
- Steam Announcement - The Breaker Pack Announced!
- Steam Announcement - [April Fools] 100% Orange Juice v2.0 ~The Poppoing~ Preview
- Fruitbat Factory Blog - New Winds [April Fools]