- Gain a stack of Hungry when using Evade (max 3 stacks). With 3 stacks of Hungry, gain -1 EVD.
- Lose all stacks of Hungry when landing on your own .
- Hungry stacks are gained with the Evade option in battle, whether the evasion was successful or not.
- Hungry stacks will only be lost when landing on Cook's own Home panel. Stacks won't be lost when landing on the Home panels of other players, even in Co-op Mode or Bounty Hunt Mode.
- +Amazing EVD stat
- +Hyper makes it a lot easier to recover since she rolls 2 dice for recovery
- +Hyper gives her really good star gen
- +Hyper allows her to evade danger
- -Dies if she cannot evade
- -Hyper reliant
- -EVD lowers to 2 after evading 3 times, and she is incentivized to evade every roll except 4s at 4 HP
- -Hyper can make drop panels catastrophic for her
Cook's Hyper is Guidance of the Weathercock. When used, the player will roll double dice for all movement rolls,rolls, rolls, and recovery rolls. In addition, the player can only Norma on their own panel. This effect lasts until the player lands on their own Home panel.
- The effect only ends when landing on the player's own Home panel. The effect won't end when landing on the Home panels of other players, even in Co-op Mode or Bounty Hunt Mode.
- This effect prevents Norma from all sources except the player's own Home panel. This includes other player's Home panels (even in Co-op Mode or Bounty Hunt Mode) as well as .
This bears some resemblance to Suguri's Hyper,but is different in a few key respects:
- Battle rolls are not doubled
- The effect lasts indefinitely until you land on your own Home panel
- You can only Norma on your Home panel
- Recovery rolls doubled
- Playing As Cook
-Cook plays similar to Suguri in the way that her character has the same stats as Suguri when her hungry is maxed, without the additional ATK point, her hyper is used in the same way Suguri's is but with the one exclusion that you cannot use it for battle.
-One strategy with her hyper in-game is to use it as early as possible, as soon as you hit 30 stars and/or norma 3 (norma 2 with price of power), and avoid your home for as long as possible to keep the stock effect active, while you do this you can focus star panels and roll two dice for each, whilst having ease in avoiding other panels because you roll two dice, having most of the control of where you land.
-If another player is far ahead of you or about to win the game, Cook's hyper can also be used like Suguri's to reach that player and attack them as a last resort.
-Her natural 3+ evade can be used with rainbow circle to increase her chances of surviving on boss panels.
- Playing Against Cook
The biggest weakness of Cook is her powerful hyper itself. At a glance, while the effects seems very powerful, it has it's limitations. Cook cannot Norma when she lands on home panel that is not hers, and if she does land on her own panel, even though the counter of Hungry gets reset, her hyper effect will be gone if active. This means that Cook must land on her own home eventually which makes her home a perfect place to set up a trap (if you can land on it.)
- One powerful counter against Cook is to use cards that makes you able to use her hyper. Mimic, Gift Exchange, and Scrambled Eve are very strong cards that helps you to use her hyper, catching up to the speed progress of hoarding stars. Bully characters, such as Star Breaker or Tomomo are strongly encouraged to include one of these cards for preparation against her. Her hyper effect is very powerful that not only you can revive faster, you can also easily catch up to player and start amassing win counts, potentially winning a game faster than Cook. Cook will be very easy target especially when hungry is stacked as she is very frail with her stats other than evade which will be easy One-Shot target for bullies. Alongside, if she still has her hyper effect active, she will revive almost instantly, giving another chance to KO if your offense roll is lucky.
- Another powerful counter against Cook is to delay her progress using trap cards into her home panel (Path Blockers is also viable method to delay her moves), and/or pack a trap cards that makes Cook unable to use her hyper. (Note: if a player panel is shuffled, or if Cook has the method to make the traps negated, this strategy would be ineffective). There are a lot of traps you can use for each different outcomes.
- BanaNana and Go Away delay her Norma.
- For the Future of the Toy Store and Sky Restaurant 'Pures' cuts the stars mostly gained from bonus panel.
- Exchange can be game-changer if you are certain that Cook will have more stars than you. Can also steal her hyper.
- Assault and Piyopiyo Procession can delay her Norma and lose her stars If she gets KOed
- Brutal Prank, Flamethrower, and Present Thief will discard Cook's hyper if she hoards it.
- Cook doesn't have a lot of areas she can be played against because her hyper gives her a lot of control over moving in the map and her 3+ evade is high enough to evade most natural rolls without the use of battle cards. Once can use event cards or boost cards that can damage her and keep her from using her hyper to land on star panels like cloud of seagulls, or long distance shot. Battle-wise you could use cards like rbits to outlast Cook in multiple battles to get her evade down so you can have a higher chance of hitting her.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
In Co-op mode, Cook's stats and passive do not change.
Cook's Hyper, Guidance of the Weathercock, has a different effect in Co-op. The Hyper's effect now expires on KO, instead of when landing on the player's ownpanel. Additionally, the norma check restriction is lifted. (In all other aspects, this Hyper functions similarly to its Normal mode counterpart.)
In Bounty Hunt mode, Cook's passive does not change.
Cook's Hyper, Guidance of the Weathercock, has a different effect in Bounty Hunt. The Hyper's effect now expires when landing on anypanel, instead of only the player's own home. Additionally, the norma check restriction is lifted. (In all other aspects, this Hyper functions similarly to its Normal mode counterpart.)
Cook's base stats give her 36 starting stars and a markup of +10% at shops.
To unlock Cook as a playable character, along with her unit card and Hyper card as binder collectibles:
- Own .
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Orange color||Purchase for 1000 in the Shop.|
|Pink color||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Purple color||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after reaching Level 50.|
|Teal color||Purchase for 10000 in the Shop after reaching Level 25.|
|Black color||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Halloween Outfit color||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after finishing 20 games as any character with the Black color equipped.|
|Silver color||Purchase for 40000 in the Shop after reaching Level 75.|
|Red and Blue color||Purchase for 60000 in the Shop after reaching Level 100.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Hair Color||Finish 10 games as Cook, with the 10th game or any game after the 10th being online.|
|Hair Colors||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Santa Hat||Purchase for 5000 in the Shop after giving out 10 cards with as .|
|Brown Antlers||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game as Cook.|
|Red Antlers||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game as Cook.|
|Red Crown||Complete all base-game campaigns and extra episodes on Normal difficulty or higher.|
|Purple Crown||Complete all base-game campaigns and extra episodes on Extreme difficulty.|
|Jack o'Lantern||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after finishing 20 games as any character with the Black color equipped.|
|Poppo Mask||Purchase for 99999 in the Shop.|
|Reindeer Kigurumi||Complete Waruda Christmas Party on any difficulty.|
|Leo Kigurumi||Currently unavailable.|
|Pigformation||During the Beware Pigformation (2021 Rerun) event, purchase for 1Pig Heart in the Shop.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Eyeglasses||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Poses||Receive randomly from the Regular Crate.|
|Fowl-Weather Friends||Play 10 games as Cook.|
|Chickening Out||As Cook, evade an offensive roll of 8 or higher from an attacking enemy, then useon your next turn.|
|Stuffed||As Cook, win a game without reaching 3 stacks of Hungry.|
|Using a Card||▶️||Cook will play this!||クックこれつかう！|
|▶️||Look what Cook's got here!||クックこれ持ってんだ！|
|▶️||Let's do this!||やっるぞー！|
|Placing Trap||▶️||Cook trap!||クックトラップ！|
|▶️||This one's dangerous!||こいつはキケンだぞ！|
|▶️||It's trap time!||しかけちゃうぞ！|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||Don't underestimate Cook!||クックをなめるなよー！|
|▶️||Cook can use cards like these, too!||クックだってこういうの使えるんだからな|
|▶️||Alright, power-up time!||よーしパワーアップだぁ|
|▶️||What's this one does?||なんだこれぇ|
|Using Hyper Card||▶️||Cook goes where she wants!||クックは行きたいとこに行くぞー！|
|Reviving||▶️||This feels nice.||ふわふわするぞ|
|▶️||That was a close one.||あぶなかったぞー|
|▶️||Mmm, Cook won't forgive that!||むー 許さないぞ！|
|▶️||Cook's back up again.||クック復活だぞ|
|Revive Failed||▶️||That was a screw-up.||やっちまったぞ|
|▶️||Huh? That's not right...||あれぇ おかしい|
|(Attack)/Snowball Attack||▶️||*Peck peck*||つんつん！|
|Field Damage||▶️||That hurt!||いってー！|
|Healing||▶️||Cook's got more energy now.||元気でるぞ|
|▶️||The pain's all gone.||痛いの治ったぞ|
|▶️||Cook feels like she can do anything!||なんでもやれそうだぞ！|
|Warping||▶️||That panel's sucking Cook in!?||吸い込まれる！？|
|▶️||What's going ooon?!||なんだぁあああ|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||You're terrible...||ひどいぞぉ|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Cook is one ferocious chicken.||クックは凶暴な鶏だから|
|▶️||Out of Cook's way.||どけどけぇ|
|▶️||Here comes Cook!||いくぞー！|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||What the heck?!||なんだなんだ！？|
|▶️||You want a piece of Cook?||やるってのか！|
|▶️||Are you going to bully Cook?||クックいじめる気か？|
|Light Damage||▶️||That hurt!||いったいぞ|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||Stop bullying Cook.||いじめるなよぅ|
|Evading||▶️||You can't hit Cook.||あたらないぞ|
|▶️||Cook can fly!||クック飛んじゃうもんね|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Cook's strong!||クックつよい！|
|▶️||You're done for!||どうだまいったか！|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||Cook lost.||クック負けたぞ|
|▶️||Cook just got bullied.||いじめられたぁ|
|▶️||That was cruel...||ひっでぇぞ|
|▶️||*Cheep, sob sob*...||ぴよよよ|
|Bonus Panel||▶️||Looking beautiful!||きれいだな！|
|▶️||Cook'll take these home.||これ持って帰るぞ|
|▶️||Cook loves these!||いい感じだぞ！|
|▶️||Cook's sad now...||クック悲しい|
|▶️||Where did they go?||どこいったんだぁ|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||*Cheeeep*!||ぴよおおおお！|
|▶️||What the heck is this?||なんだこれぇ|
|Boss Panel||▶️||An ill wind is blowing..||風向きが変わったぞ|
|▶️||Cook's got a bad feeling about this.||嫌な予感するぞ|
|▶️||What's that thing?||なんだろ|
|▶️||Hmm, something bad is going to happen.||むう 嫌な感じだこれ|
|Star Norma||▶️||Cook wants more collectibles!||クックこれくしょん増やしたい！|
|▶️||Cook loves collecting things.||集めるの好きなんだぁ|
|▶️||These things look cute! Just like Cook!||こいつかわいいな！クックと同じくらい！|
|▶️||Cook likes all things that glitter.||キラキラ好きだぞ|
|Wins Norma||▶️||Cook feels like going wild.||クックも暴れたい年頃だ|
|▶️||Cook's going to peck all of you.||つっついてやるぞ|
|▶️||Cook's so ready to do this!||やるぞやるぞー|
|▶️||Cook's beak is very sharp!||クックのくちばしはするどいぞ！|
|Selecting Character||▶️||It's Cook's turn to go?||クックの出番かぁ|
|▶️||Alright, let's go do some flying.||よーし 今日もぱたぱたするぞ|
|▶️||Yo! Cook's here.||よろしくな！ クックだぞ|
|▶️||Hmm, you need Cook?||んー クックが必要かぁ|
|Starting Game||▶️||Let's get started.||はっじめるぞ|
|▶️||Cook will go all out!||がんばるぞ！|
|▶️||You got this, Cook!||やるぞー！ クック！|
|▶️||Cook's pumped up!||やる気いっぱいだぞ！|
|▶️||*Chirp chirp chirp chirp*||ぴよぴよぴよぴよ|
|▶️||Yippee, Cook won! Alright!||わーい 勝った！やった！|
|▶️||Well, this is Cook's true mettle.||まぁ クックちゃんこんなもんだぞ|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||What's that? It looks so good!||なんだそれ！ いいな！|
|▶️||That looks nice! Cook wants it too!||きれいだな！ クック羨ましいぞ！|
|▶️||Oh? Huh? Cook wants to know what that is!||おっ おっ？ 気になるぞそれ！|
|▶️||Good for you!||やったなオマエ！|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||OK.||OKだぞ|
|Whack a Poppo||▶️||Sure.||いいぞー|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||*Cheep*!||ぴよ！|
|Star Treasure||▶️||Lucky you!||ラッキーだ！|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Let's cheep!||れっつぴよー！|
|▶️||You can do this!||がんばれー|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||Yo!||よっ！|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Um?||くぅ？|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||Wow, that's impressive. Cook's surprised.||わあ すごいぞ クックびっくり|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||Cook's mad... Ugh...||くやしいぞ… くぅ…|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||What's this? Cook'll play it!||なんだこれ！ 使うか！|
|▶️||Cook's desperate enough for this!||やぶれかぶれだ！|
|▶️||*Cheep*? *Cheep cheep*!||ぴ？ ぴよぴよ！|
|▶️||Cook will use this thing!||クックこれやる！|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Vs. Halena (attacking)||▶️||Halena! Cook wants to go wild!||ハレナ！ クック暴れたいぞ！|
|Vs. Halena (defending)||▶️||Whoa! You look scary, Halena!||わぁ！ ハレナ怖いぞぉ！|
|Defeat Halena||▶️||Cook won today!||今日はクックの勝ちだな！|
|KO'd by Halena||▶️||Go easy on Cook...||加減してほしいぞ…|
|Vs. Chicken/Seagull/Big the Haruo/Big the Jonathan (attacking)||▶️||Huh!? Are you... an enemy? Or a friend?||む！？ オマエ…敵か？ 味方か？|
|Vs. Chicken/Seagull/Big the Haruo/Big the Jonathan (defending)||▶️||Oh! You're Cook's species, aren't you!?||むっ 同族だな！？|
|Defeat Chicken/Seagull/Big the Haruo/Big the Jonathan||▶️||Cook is the greatest among all birds.||クックこそ鳥の頂点|
|KO'd by Chicken/Seagull/Big the Haruo/Big the Jonathan||▶️||Ugh... Cook can't stand getting beaten by another bird...||くぅ… 鳥に負けるのはいっぱい悔しい…|
|Moving 10 panels in a single turn||▶️||Cook flies super fast!||ひとっ飛びだぞ！|
|▶️||Cook's speed is fantastic!||クックのスピードはすっごいぞ！|
|▶️||That was such a good flight.||気持ちよく飛べたぞ！|
|▶️||Cook is so faaast!||クックはやーい！|
|Guidance of the Weathercock effect ends||▶️||And Cook's here.||とうちゃーく|
|▶️||Boy, it felt real good up there.||はぁ きもちよかったぞ|
|▶️||Cook just had a good exercise.||いい運動できたぞ|
|▶️||Cook isn't a turkey!||クックは七面鳥じゃないぞ！！|
|▶️||You... You going to catch and eat Cook!?||こいつ… クックを食う気か！？|
|▶️||Wait, Cook's not edible!||まて クック食べらんないぞ！|
|▶️||Why are you drooling?||なんでよだれ垂らしてるんだ？|
|Opening the game||▶️||Orange_Juice and Fruitbat Factory.||オレンジジュースアンドフルーツバットファクトリー|
|Title screen||▶️||100% Orange Juice!||100％おれんじじゅ～すっ！|
|Start of player 1 turn||▶️||Player 1.||プレイヤーワン|
|Start of player 2 turn||▶️||Player 2.||プレイヤーツー|
|Start of player 3 turn||▶️||Player 3.||プレイヤースリー|
|Start of player 4 turn||▶️||Player 4.||プレイヤーフォー|
|Starting a battle||▶️||Battle.||バトル|
|Winning a battle||▶️||Win.||ウィン|
|Triggering a bonus panel||▶️||Bonus.||ボーナス|
|Triggering a drop panel||▶️||Drop.||ドロップ|
|Triggering a draw panel||▶️||Card draw.||カードドロー|
|Triggering warp panel||▶️||Warp.||ワープ|
|Triggering a move panel||▶️||Move.||ムーブ|
|Triggering warp move panel||▶️||Warp move.||ワープムーブ|
|Triggering a trap||▶️||Trap triggered.||トラップ発動|
|Skipping a turn||▶️||Skip.||スキップ|
|Stopping on a panel affected by Immovable Object||▶️||Stop.||ストップ|
|Triggering a norma check without meeting the requirements||▶️||Norma check.||ノルマチェック|
|Reaching level 2||▶️||Norma level 1 achieved.||ノルマレベルワン達成|
|Reaching level 3||▶️||Norma level 2 achieved.||ノルマレベルツー達成|
|Reaching level 4||▶️||Norma level 3 achieved.||ノルマレベルスリー達成|
|Reaching level 5||▶️||Norma level 4 achieved.||ノルマレベルフォー達成|
|Winning the game||▶️||Final norma achieved!||最終ノルマ達成！|
|Attempting to connect to a lobby||▶️||Connecting.||コネクティング|
|Successfully connecting to a lobby||▶️||Connected.||コネクティド|
|Failing to connect to a lobby||▶️||Failed.||フェイルド|
|Attempting to connect to a full lobby||▶️||Lobby full.||ロビーフル|
|Another player joins the lobby||▶️||Player joined.||プレイヤージョインド|
|Another player leaves the lobby||▶️||Player left.||プレイヤーレフト|
- Cook has a unique animation when on the board, different from other characters. When idle and when moving, her sprite floats up and down, indicating she is flying. This happens in place of the usual hopping animation when moving.
- Before being added as a playable character, Cook was first introduced in the Bounty Hungers event.
- Cook appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the description of .
- Cook is known as a weathercock fairy, based off of her navigation abilities and bird-like appearance.
- Cook is not a chicken.
Update History[edit source]