The Double XP Event is one of the four minor events that may run at any time of year. For the duration of the event, any online level experience points gained at the end of a multiplayer match are doubled. Since Version 2.0, this event also doubles any co-op role experience points gained at the end of a match. The main menu also features a unique banner when the event is active.
After finishing an online match, the player earns bonus Stars as in any match, and also earns online experience points (XP). Normally, the amount of XP earned is 1.2 times the amount of bonus stars earned, plus an indeterminate amount when playing with higher-level players. However, during the Double XP Event, this amount is doubled further, to 2.4 times the amount of bonus stars earned. All earned XP is accumulated in a running total in the player's Steam stats.
The player's online level starts at 1, increasing as XP is accumulated. The total amount of XP needed to reach online level L is calculated by . For example, reaching online level 4 requires 700 + 800 + 900 = 2400 XP. The online level is displayed toward the upper-left corner of the player plate in lobbies, and also on screens where it is relevant (such as the Shop).
Co-op Role Experience
After finishing a match in Co-op mode, the player earns Co-op experience points (XP) for the role that was played. Co-op XP can only be earned for one role at a time, and is independent of online XP. The amount of XP earned is detailed on the Co-op Reward Modifier page.
The player has separate levels for each of the 5 Co-op roles (Attacker, Guardian, Support, Avenger, and Dealer). Each role's level starts at 1, increasing as XP is accumulated. The total amount of XP needed to reach level L is calculated by . For example, reaching Attacker level 4 requires 100 + 130 + 160 = 390 XP. The player's Co-op levels are displayed when hovering over the icon in lobbies, and also on screens where it is relevant (such as the Deck Builder).
Previous Event Dates
Wiki note: The dates listed below (up to May 2020) are gathered directly from Steam's Web API, which reports dates in UTC. No adjustments have been made except for the omission of false positives.
- July 3, 2014 - July 7, 2014
- January 8, 2015 - January 12, 2015
- March 13, 2015 - March 17, 2015
- June 12, 2015 - June 22, 2015
- December 12, 2015 - December 16, 2015
- June 30, 2016 - July 11, 2016
- October 8, 2016 - October 17, 2016
- March 30, 2017 - April 3, 2017
- April 13, 2017 - April 20, 2017
- March 13, 2018 - March 20, 2018
- April 1, 2020 - April 9, 2020
- July 16, 2021 - July 19, 2021
- The July 2021 event was originally activated on July 15, 7 hours earlier than intended. The event's schedule was corrected in Version 3.7 (Hotfix 4); however, players who had not yet updated from Hotfix 3 could still earn double XP during this 7-hour period.
- Steam Announcement - v1.5: Color Packs & Random Maps
- Steam Announcement - 100% Orange Juice in Steam Weekend Sale & Double Exp!
- Steam Announcement - Double EXP weekend is back!
- Steam Announcement - Krila & Kae Character Pack Now Available!
- Steam Announcement - Double XP Weekend is on!
- Steam Announcement - Version 1.13.2 adds Custom Dice!
- Steam Announcement - Double XP Is Back!
- Steam Announcement - Double EXP During Steam Anime Weekend Sale!
- Steam Announcement - FREE WEEKEND is here with Double EXP!
- Steam Announcement - 2x EXP Event Is On Again!
- Steam Announcement - [April Fools] New Event Live, Game Mode & More Added in Version 2.8.3!
- Steam Announcement - Double EXP Weekend in 100% Orange Juice!