Kyoko primarily plays as an excellent tank who prefers stars norma. Kyoko should avoid all combat unless she can benefit from it. Due to Kyoko's incredibly high base DEF, she can more freely take , or even panels over a panel, when given the choice. Kyoko also has the option of challenging players standing on panels when she needs a quick norma check, or just to chip them for damage, taking advantage of the heal from the home. Because she cannot evade, and her depletes her HP, Kyoko should pay extra close attention to her current HP. 3 HP is the sweet spot where Kyoko can take advantage of all 3 stocks of her Hyper to deplete her HP safely, ensuring a self-KO without any star loss (Although, 2 HP may be a bit safer, in case she lands on a panel.) has much versatility; it ignores traps, allowing Kyoko to negate powerful Traps which could otherwise spell trouble, such as , as well as ignoring panels, cementing her star lead in the match.
- Playing As Kyoko
- Healing is Kyoko's best friend, as she cannot evade a single attack. As a result, cards such as , , and are essential for the player's success.
- Kyoko can use her Hyper at 3 HP or less to prevent the loss of stars from battles, while also protecting her from any traps or panels.
- Field events such as Air Raid and Regeneration need to be payed attention, as they can weaken her, or interfere greatly with plans for her Hyper.
- Battle cards such as and can also be used to prevent Kyoko's health from depleting; however, the latter should be used sparingly, given the price.
- and can make the lives of aggressive characters (Kyoko's biggest deterrence) a lot more frustrating, especially when multiple bosses have to be fought or wild mobs have stats resembling a boss. Meanwhile, she is not affected nearly as much, thanks to her taking an average of just 1.56 damage against even +3 ATK. They can also be paired with for easier and (in the case of Oh My Friend) cheaper use, and can also call upon the aforementioned , to grant Kyoko earlier and more reliable healing.
- Playing Against Kyoko
- Persistence is the best counter to Kyoko. Since Kyoko can only survive 4 attacks at maximum without healing cards and possesses no ability to evade, the player should attack Kyoko often to deplete her health quickly. By doing this, Kyoko will soon be KO'd, or be forced to spend 20 stars and use . Either outcome will cause star loss for the opponent.
- Card control such as and have the potential to be devastating to Kyoko, as Kyoko can be very reliant on cards such as and Hyper.
- is deadly against Kyoko; it will turn her DEF stat to -3 and give her a powerful evade stat she can't use. As a result, the opponent will only be able to roll 3 or lower for defense without assistance, likely resulting in a KO.
- will similarly endanger Kyoko, as she cannot evade, and will struggle to deal much damage back. It can be used to KO Kyoko more reliably, without having to rely on multiple challenges to do so.
- can be used when Kyoko is at 1 HP to steal 75% of her stars
- Cards to chip away at Kyoko's health such as and bring Kyoko closer to 1 HP requiring less fights to eventually take her down.
- Cards to blunt her stats such as and will lower her DEF and make her more likely to take more damage.
- is effectively useless for Kyoko, as she cannot evade.
- is absolutely fatal to Kyoko since she will be unable to evade at 1 HP, causing a guaranteed KO on any hit.