When playing Kyousuke, you play him first and foremost as a tank, savingfor opportune moments. Kyousuke should aim to gather as many stars as possible. Kyousuke should ideally have at least some healing in hand such as ; however, panels should generally be prioritzed higher than panels in order to gain a star lead. Due to his +2 DEF and high HP stat, Kyousuke can take panels relatively safely if healthy, sometimes even being wise to choose if it means avoiding a panel. If Kyousuke is in dire need of a comeback or a good opportunity arises, he can use in order to KO enemy units. However, the lowered DEF stat means Kyousuke is more prone to dying and having to make a comeback again, which may be difficult without another hyper due to reviving back in tank form.
- Playing As Kyousuke
- Healing cards such as , , and can help Kyousuke survive longer and generally benefit him more than other characters, as his +2 DEF make his HP more valuable than characters with lower DEF.
- As Kyousuke is not card reliant, and can be used in order to blunt characters who rely on cards, especially ones that may use cards to gain a star lead over you such as .
- is a very cheap event card that makes NPCs more threatening, which Kyousuke will often not mind due to a high DEF stat. However, it may hinder Kyousuke under the effect of and generally doesn't harm the other players that much.
- can draw helpful event cards such as and
- can summon the which other players are more likely to die to, however it's recommended you attempt to use it though due to the high cost.
- It's recommended to hold off on using unless you feel it's needed to make a comeback, or there's a clear reason, such as the field event.
- Playing Against Kyousuke
- High EVD characters such as are able to fight Kyousuke for relatively low risk; however, they are unlikely to deal more than 1 damage if fighting his tank form and still may lose a large amount of HP if they roll unluckily.
- can bypass Kyousuke's DEF and directly take his stars.
- and are also able to bypass Kyousuke's high DEF in order to do increased damage.