Nico should aim to play very safe, while benefitting from gift cards. Just a couple gifts give her extremely potent star generation, and if Nico remains healthy, she will more than likely be ahead in stars. She has very weak defensive stats, meaning staying alive is often easier said than done; however, defensive cards such ascan help this issue. Nico should generally use her hyper in two situations: when she is behind, in order to draw powerful hyper cards she needs to take the lead, or when she's ahead, drawing Hypers that allow her to defend her lead.
- Playing As Nico
- Nico is fragile due to having lackluster HP and 0 DEF, with only +1 EVD to make up for it. Try to avoid battles as much as possible, and be aware of what panels you stop on. Ending your turn right in front of a bully character is asking to be fought.
- Nico should deck as many Gift Cards as possible. Especially ones that actively harm a large amount of opponents. and are good examples, as they offer minimal benefit for most other characters.
- , however, is inadvisable to deck, as it awards other characters more stars than Nico, due to Nico ignoring the gift's positive effect.
- To alleviate Nico's poor stats, defensive cards are advised in deck spots not taken up by gift cards. and will make fights with Nico either result in very little damage, or even actively harm attackers. and levels the playing field in fights, and even lets Nico use them against the for a better survival chance.
- Many of the Hypers Nico wants to draw either help her survive in combat, such as , or take back the lead with certain . Powerful boost/battle Hypers can even do both, such as .
- Nico players with a playstyle strongly centralized around can consider decking . This is a high-rish high-reward option. On one hand, it can take away cards from Nico. On the other hand, if she lands on a loaded with cards, she can use after, for more cards to turn into Hypers.
- When using Nico's hyper, be sure to not discard or unnecessarily: these gift cards have their effects nullified by Nico's passive, and will not harm her.
- Having all 4 gift cards is not necessary, and could be very detrimental should Nico find herself in a battle where she lacks any defensive cards. Thus, try to keep a maximum of 2-3 gift cards, having the other slot(s) be filled with her Hyper, or a trump defensive card such as , and/or
- Playing Against Nico
- and can be great when Nico holds gifts; these cards can be used to attempt to get rid of them, harming Nico's star generation. Similarly, discarding her entire hand can be devastating, albeit being less consistent than the aforementioned event cards.
- Most bully characters like can easily bully Nico if she doesn't have the proper cards, due to her below average offense and defense.