|This article is about the Oranges currency. For the unit color, see Orange.|
Oranges are one of the 2 primary currencies required for purchasing many collectible items sold in the shop. Oranges can be thought of as a form of "premium" currency. Although they cannot be bought and are not stored in the user's steam inventory, they are more difficult to acquire than other currencies. However, unlike other currencies, Oranges can be received in a variety of different ways, but mostly through playing online with at least 1 other player. This currency has a maximum cap of 999.
- The most common method of earning oranges is by simply playing online games in normal mode (with at least 1 other person playing). At the conclusion of a match, the player will receive oranges according to the place they finished. As to be expected, the higher the player standing, the higher the number of oranges rewarded.
- Leveling up co-op roles in either online or singleplayer can be used to collect oranges. 50Oranges are earned every time any co-op role is leveled up.
- Co-op mode provides the player with oranges based on the boss difficulty and the mixers active. Please see the co-op role experience and orange modifier page for details on this calculation.
- Bounty Hunt mode rewards the players with 1.5x the rewards offered in normal mode.
- Daily challenges are a lucrative way to collect oranges. Every few days, the player will receive daily challenges that can be completed by playing online matches (with at least 1 other person playing) and fulfilling the challenges. The completion of a challenge will instantly reward the player with 40Oranges for use. With enough Stars, this can be performed indefinitely, by refreshing completed challenges for 5000 stars each, allowing 40 oranges per new challenge.
- An additional method of gaining a small number of oranges is by winning them in the Arcade. 10Oranges are awarded alongside every Common-rarity prize won from a Pet Catcher.
- Oranges were the third currency added to the game, behind both Halloween Candy, which was released in version 1.14, and the later retired Candy Canes currency, which was released in version 1.16.
- Due to a bug, the player will not earn oranges on specific level numbers when leveling up Co-op roles; for instance, reaching level 17 in any role grants no oranges.