Pets are optional cosmetic items that stand alongside the player's character and follow the player during a match. They each have a unique set of poses to match the playable character's poses. Pets are unique among cosmetics in numerous ways. They are the only cosmetic that the player can receive duplicates of, as well as the only cosmetic to utilize the Steam Inventory, allowing them to be traded among players and sold on the Steam Marketplace.
Pets are primarily obtained through the Arcade by using Arcade Tokens to obtain them from the various Pet Catchers. However, there are some special pets that aren't obtained from the Arcade, instead being earned through event rewards or purchased in the Shop. Pets that aren't obtained from the Arcade cannot be traded or sold, and cannot be received more than once.
Most pets also have color variants, which are differently-colored versions of the pet. Each pet typically has 5 color variants, and they function as separate pets rather than an equippable cosmetic. For pets obtained from the Arcade, the only way to get color variant pets is from the Pet Exchange in the Arcade, where duplicate pets can be combined to create a color variant version of that pet. For special pets obtained outside of the Arcade, their color variants can be bought in the Shop after the standard version of the pet is obtained. All pets obtained from the Arcade have color variants, while most special pets do not.
Pets are represented in the cosmetics menu with a icon.
List of Pets
The type of pet that can be won depends on which Pet Catcher is used. A pet's rarity determines how likely the pet is to be won from its respective Pet Catcher.
Each icon below links to each pet's respective Steam Marketplace page.
|Icon||Name||Unlock Method||Description||Color Variants||Price|
|Red & Blue||Own.||White Christsmasher!|
|Present||Beat the Crossed Christmases Campaign on Extreme difficulty.||A wonderful gift that warms the heart.||25000|
|Rein||Santa Scramble: Global counter at 10000 castles.||Aru's trusty helper. On vacation 364 days a year.||N/A[note 1]|
|Pig||Beware Pigformation: Free all characters from their Pigformation.||Can pigs really fly?||25000|
|Golden Egg||Purchase from the shop for 20,000 Stars each, after unlocking the Minions of the Master ending.||A special egg that can hatch more than once.|
|M10 Eye||It sees imaginary numbers, can you?|
|Elusive Star||Comes from a different galaxy.|
|Pomeranian||Summer Games: Global counter at 0 HP||A bit of a fool dog.||25000|
|RoPoChi||Purchase from the shop for 20,000 Stars after beating Mio's Dark Citadel.||GUPPIPOO!|
|Pudding||Beat the Old Guardians Campaign on Extreme difficulty.||A favorite treat of dogs and witches across the universe.|
|Pufferfish||Master Anglers: Catch a pufferfish during a fishing minigame in Fish-a-Fish Mode.||Puffed up with pride.||25000|
|Masshiro||Own.||No longer unlucky.||N/A[note 2]|
- Rein's color variants are currently unable to be purchased from the shop.
- Masshiro's color variants are unlocked by playing 10/20/30/40/50 games with any Masshiro pet equipped.
- All special pets have a rarity of "Rare".
- Red & Blue and Masshiro are the only pets that cannot be viewed in the Steam Inventory. If ownership of the DLC is lost, the pet will become unequippable.
- Golden Egg, M10 Eye, Elusive Star, RoPoChi, and Pudding are the only pets that, along with Red & Blue, do not have color variants.
- The Steam Inventory contains several unused item definitions, presumably intended as color variants of the above pets.
- Rein is the only special pet whose color variants are purchased with something other than Stars. From December 2018 until March 2022, the variants cost 200 Christmas Wreaths each.
- Masshiro is the only special pet whose color variants cannot be purchased, and have a specific unlock method instead.