Portable Pudding is a collectible Battle card that can be acquired from the Pudding Pack.
Effect[edit | edit source]
When used in a battle, the player's HP is set to their maximum HP. The effect is treated as neither healing nor damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Portable Pudding counts as a pudding card.
- Portable Pudding gives +1 to her maximum HP while she holds it. When using this card, QP (Dangerous)'s maximum HP is determined after Portable Pudding is removed from the hand, meaning she does not receive overheal from its effect.
- Portable Pudding is converted into while held by .
- Portable Pudding is affected by and .
- Portable Pudding sets HP rather than healing.
- It is one of the few cards that allows to restore her HP. The effect takes place after she loses 1 max HP due to Portable Pudding being a battle card.
- Using Portable Pudding will not reduce Maynie's Rage Counter stacks.
- Using Portable Pudding will not count towards the "recover 10 HP in completed games" challenge.
- If a player with overhealed HP plays Portable Pudding, they will lose HP.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Portable Pudding is a relatively pricey battle card at 20 stars, but it can be an effective a tool for giving damaged characters a surprise advantage in combat against attackers. It works really well for characters with high HP pools, as they are healed more than most characters when using this card. Offensive characters with low defensive stats but high HP likeand especially can also make good use of Portable Pudding, despite its high cost. It can bait characters into attacking her, thinking her an easy target, allowing for her to turn the tables on them. Its low level requirement also means it can be put to use early in the game.
Portable Pudding's high cost can make it a problematic card in the early to mid game, when 20 stars is a large investment. Players will need to be able to counter-KO their opponent or have a good reason for not being KO'd themselves in order to make up for its cost. It may be better saved for the later game, when paying the 20 star cost would be less painful than the stars lost by being KO'd by an opportunistic foe. Characters that excel at picking off opponents for wins and stars should consider the possibility that Portable Pudding may save their targets and even allow them to deliver a devastating counterattack.