Like most characters in the cast, QP should generally aim for star norma, playing passively unless provoked or the opportunity to KO an opponent presents itself. The player will want to focus mainly on panels and ensure they have at least 1 copy of for the late game if they can, especially to handle the Boss encounters if she is currently in the lead, or to KO a player while she is behind.
- Playing As QP
- Draw-focused cards, especially , are very good for QP as it increases her chances of drawing , as well as other cards she could use to survive or fight others with. She can benefit from virtually any card option due to her unpredictability, so acquiring as many cards as possible should always be a priority for her alongside star gain.
- Boss characters. That being said, she should still be wary when fighting others with or other offensive battle cards in the event she does bring either of these two. and can be used effectively with QP, as she herself is naturally resistant to both cards, so they can be used to great effect to weaken opponents such as
- Cards that can aid QP in collecting stars in the early game, such as and will help her get ahead a lot quicker, and allow her expedited access to higher-level cards.
- Though her offensive presence isn't immediately amazing, this can easily be counteracted by bringing plenty of cards that bolster her bulk, as doing so is generally easier to do anyhow. This can be accomplished through defensive cards like and healing staples like and (no, seriously; this isn't a joke!). Evasion-based cards like can be worth considering, but are not as appealing to actually use unless QP is on very low HP.
- Later in the game, QP might want to leverage her unpredictable nature to her advantage in order to opportunistically snipe kills. is the most reliable offensive card overall and one that any non-pacifistic QP should add to their deck, as it is virtually just a riskier version of . Pairing either of these Battle cards with , albeit even riskier, can virtually guarantee that she nabs a KO she's looking for. To that end, it might also be worth considering bringing to dampen the cost of this combination if a window arises to use it.
- Playing Against QP
- As most of QP's strength is derived from her versatile hyper, the cards most effective against QP are cards that cause her to discard cards. Cards such as and can leave QP vulnerable to attacks and star loss, without the ability to fight back effectively. Some other card control, such as or , can remove her Hyper from her hand, making her much more vulnerable to falling out of the lead and stripping some of her play-making ability, or in certain cases, put it in the hands of another player, which can be catastrophic in deciding the game's outcome.
- Cards that cause QP to lose stars can cost her a huge amount of momentum at any stage of the game, as she'll generally spend most of her time stockpiling them. Options like , and help accomplish this.
- This vulnerability to star bleeding also means that QP is hard countered by the likes of and , as their respective Hyper cards can cause QP to lose a huge lead she may otherwise run away with when timed correctly.
- Due to her card focus, can also serve as a soft counter, as sustaining over half her HP in damage will keep her out of combat for a while if she hasn't drawn her Hyper (which she likely hasn't if she's still focusing on drawing) and also leave her vulnerable to follow-up attacks.