Additionally, Tequila is able to summon the character Pirate Crew Member (海賊子分 Kaizoku kobun) as a minion using his passive.
- Pirate Crew Member can appear as an enemy unit on panels.
- Receive +1 ATK per HP lost in combat. (Effect is not persistent, and only lasts for that battle.)
Pirate Crew Member
- Opponent loses [their level x 10] stars if defeated (as opposed to the standard 1/2).
- The player who summoned this unit gain the stars.
- Does not appear on panels to the summoner.
Tequila is a unique character that has 2 powerful passive abilities. His first is his ability to cause Pirate Crew Members to appear through encounter panels. This passive works even if Tequila is KO'd. Take note that if 2 or more players are using Tequila, Tequila can run into other Pirate Crew Members from the other Tequila players. His other passive is the ability to gain ATK in battle as he loses HP. Due to his -3 EVD stat & 5 HP, Tequila can intentionally evade lower attacks to guaranteed he takes damage & deliver a powerful counterattack. Because of his extremely low EVD, he is better suited as a defensive character, rather than an aggressive bully.
While his low EVD is beneficial at full health, it's a death sentence when at 1 HP, leaving him to deal with his high REC of 6. Tequila also doesn't fare as well against random encounters & bosses due to his neutral ATK & inability to attack second against these units.
- +Less reliant on ATK-boosting battle cards than most units
- +Gets an extra +1 ATK when using Big Magnum
- +Low EVD combined with his passive means he can intentionally evade against survivable attack rolls for a massive ATK boost.
- +Summons Pirates who can earn stars for him simply by existing in the game
- +Pirates don't give any stars when defeated, so opponents will get less stars from Encounter panels on average
- -High REC
- -Almost guaranteed to get KO'd at 1 HP when attacking second due to his -3 EVD
- -Passive only comes into play if he attacks second (unless Battle cards are used)
- -Pirate Crew Members are frail & tend to die quickly, making it easier for opponents to earn wins
- -Hyper doesn't summon as many traps as other Trap-placing Hypers
Tequila has two Hypers, one of which will generate copies of the other.
This card has varying effects depending on which player triggers it.
- When this card is triggered by an opponent, it will instantly start a battle with the affected unit against a Pirate Crew Member summoned by the player who set the trap. The Pirate Crew Member will be on the attacking side.
- When this card is triggered by the player who set it, it will have no effect.
- Playing As Tequila
- Since Tequila gains attack in battle for each HP he loses, he tends to fare better on defense than offense.
- As Tequila's passive is reliant on losing health, cards that aid in healing such as , , and are excellent cards to pack. can also be used as well.
- Using or (at full HP) combos quite well with Tequila's passive. Big Magnum provides him with a +3 ATK stat due to him losing HP in battle, while Final Battle enables his passive to chain, resulting in Tequila becoming stronger with each turn.
- works in perfect synergy with Tequila and is essential. By intentionally evading a hit that he can survive, he will gain a large ATK boost, enabling him to possibly KO the attacker and recover all damage taken in the battle.
- Tequila can get some of the most use out of as it counters his poor REC stat.
- can be used to help soften up would be attackers and make them think twice about attacking the player.
- can be used effectively with Tequila. It can be used for defense against high ATK characters while at low HP, and great on offense against bosses. However, it can shut down him trying to get a KO with
- Since Tequila isn't card reliant, he can use to punish characters that do rely on cards
- can threaten opponents with a Pirate Crew Member, even if Tequila isn't the one to place it.
- The Pirate Crew Members can get a massive boost from which can result in higher chance of KO'ing opponents.
- removes Tequila's weakness to out of combat damage if he is able to get it
- allows Tequila to recover faster and gives him a chance to be able to evade 3s
- Playing Against Tequila
- The easiest way to avoid Tequila taking advantage of his passive is to not attack him at all.
- Sherry can be used to avoid Tequila's passive nearly entirely with her passive. In the same vein, Kai's hyper can be used to safely attack him without fear of counterattacking.
- Cards that deal damage outside of battle, such as , , , and are extra effective against Tequila, as they hinder his ability to counterattack.
- works really well against Tequila since it allows the user to steal stars from him, which is normally hard to do when he is above 2 HP. It also makes the user not deal any damage, so his passive wont trigger.
- can be very effective against Tequila since he is unlikely to evade someone using it, while he loses more stars from being KO'd
In Co-op mode, Tequila's stats and passive do not visibly change. However, parts of Tequila's passive do not function:
- Pirate Crew Member does not appear as an enemy unit on panels.
- The ability does not stack with Tequila's +1 ATK per HP lost passive. Thus, each HP lost in battle only gives +1 ATK instead of +2 ATK.
Tequila's main Hyper, Do Pirates Fly in the Sky?, has a different effect in Co-op. When used, two Pirate Crew Member units will initiate a battle with a randomly selected enemy. The enemy will be on the defending side in these battles.
Tequila's secondary Hyper, Flying Pirate, does not appear in Co-op at all.
In Bounty Hunt mode, Tequila's passive is changed to conform with the mode:
- Tequila no longer gains +1 ATK for every HP lost during a battle, but instead gains +1 ATK total regardless of the amount of HP lost.
Tequila's base stats give him 52 starting stars and a discount of -30% at shops.
To unlock Tequila as a playable character, along with his unit card and Hyper cards as binder collectibles:
- Own .
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Orange color||Purchase for 1000 in the Shop.|
|Pink color||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Purple color||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after reaching Level 50.|
|Teal color||Purchase for 10000 in the Shop after reaching Level 25.|
|Black color||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Halloween Outfit color||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after finishing 20 games as any character with the Black color equipped.|
|Silver color||Purchase for 40000 in the Shop after reaching Level 75.|
|Red and Blue color||Purchase for 60000 in the Shop after reaching Level 100.|
|Christmas Outfit color|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Hair Color||Finish 10 games as Tequila, with the 10th game or any game after the 10th being online.|
|Hair Colors||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Santa Hat||Purchase for 5000 in the Shop after giving out 10 cards with as .|
|Brown Antlers||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game as Tequila.|
|Red Antlers||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game as Tequila.|
|Red Crown||Complete all base-game campaigns and extra episodes on Normal difficulty or higher.|
|Purple Crown||Complete all base-game campaigns and extra episodes on Extreme difficulty.|
|Jack o'Lantern||Purchase for 20000 in the Shop after finishing 20 games as any character with the Black color equipped.|
|Poppo Mask||Purchase for 99999 in the Shop.|
|Halloween Costume '17|
|Reindeer Kigurumi||Complete Waruda Christmas Party on any difficulty.|
|Leo Kigurumi||Currently unavailable.|
|Operation Halloween Costume||Purchase for 100Halloween Candy in the Shop.|
|Cow Kigurumi||Purchase for 80Oranges in the Shop.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Eyeglasses||Receive as a random drop after finishing an online game.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Tequila Pig Costume||Currently unavailable.|
|Name||Current Unlock Conditions|
|Poses||Receive randomly from the Regular Crate.|
|Oh, Tequila||Play 10 games as Tequila.|
|A Pirate I Was Meant to Be||As Tequila, have 10 Flying Pirate traps on the field at the same time.|
|Pirate's Booty||As Tequila, have Pirate Crew Members steal over 100 stars from other players.|
|Using a Card||▶️||I'll use this!||こいつを使おう！|
|▶️||Hmm, this should do.||ふむ、これがいい|
|▶️||I'll make things more fun.||面白くしてやる|
|Placing Trap||▶️||Below the belt, you say? Pirates don't give a damn.||海賊に卑怯という言葉はねぇ|
|▶️||I ain't got a care for how I win.||勝ちゃいいんだ、勝ちゃ|
|▶️||I do anything to get what I want.||手段は選ばねぇ|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||This'll end ye.||こいつで決まりだ！|
|▶️||I got this hella good card!||こいつがあるんだよ！|
|▶️||Be amazed, y'all!||驚くがいい！|
|▶️||Let me show ye me ace in the hole.||奥の手を見せてやる|
|Do Pirates Fly in the Sky?||▶️||Go get 'em!||いくぜぃ、野郎ども！|
|Reviving||▶️||Pirates be hard to kill.||海賊はしぶといぜぃ|
|▶️||I gotta get me stuff back.||奪われたもんは奪い返さなくちゃいけねぇ|
|▶️||Pirates are back in business.||海賊稼業再開だ|
|▶️||Up I go.||よっこらせっと|
|Revive Failed||▶️||Oh man.||とほほだぜ|
|▶️||Damn, not yet?||おう、まだかよ|
|▶️||Tsk, I messed up.||ちっ、しくじったぜ|
|▶️||No need to rush.||慌てる必要はねぇ|
|(Attack)/Snowball Attack||▶️||Here I go!||いくぜぃ！|
|Warping||▶️||Wh-wh-what the hell's happening!||な、な、なにごとだ！|
|▶️||Guoh, I'm warping!||ぐお、飛ばされるぞ！|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||I'm done for.||やられちまったか|
|▶️||I'll be lying down here for a bit.||おとなしくしてやるぜ|
|▶️||Ye gotta be kidding me!||馬鹿な！|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Get ready to die!||覚悟しな！|
|▶️||No prey can escape me.||狙った獲物は逃さねぇ|
|▶️||Ha-hah! Ye can't run from me!||ハハァ！逃（のが）さねぇ！|
|▶️||Prepare for fighting!||戦闘準備だ！|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||Know yer place!||身の程知らずめ！|
|▶️||Ye'll regret this!||後悔すんぜ！|
|▶️||Ye be the one to fall here!||返り討ちにしてくれるわ！|
|▶️||The fool hunts for misfortune!||飛んで火に入る夏の虫だな！|
|▶️||Aim better next time.||どこを狙っている！|
|▶️||Ye suck at this.||まだまだぁ！|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Guhahahaha!||グハハハハァ！|
|▶️||Well then, I be helping myself to your stars.||では、たんまりいただくとしよう！|
|▶️||Ye be finished!||くたばったか！|
|▶️||Guhaha, I'm feeling freaking good!||グハハ。実に気分がいい！|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||What the!||なんだとぉ！|
|▶️||How dare you bastard!||てめぇ、やりやがったな！|
|▶️||You son of a bitch!||くそったれが！|
|▶️||I let you win this time.||今回はお前の勝ちだ|
|▶️||I dun mind getting more of 'em.||もっとくれてもいいんだぜ|
|▶️||Hey, gimme more.||おう、もっとくれよ|
|▶️||How much money are these worth?||売ったらいくらになるよ|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||Whoe'er did this is a jackass.||せこいまねしやがって|
|▶️||Shoulda been... more careful.||迂闊…だったぜ|
|▶️||Thanks for this pain in the ass.||面倒（めんどう）くせぇことしやがって|
|Boss Panel||▶️||Y-ye be pretty freaking big, huh.||で…でけぇじゃねぇか|
|▶️||Y-ye ain't scared the crap out of me.||そ…そんなもんで海賊がビビるかよ|
|▶️||A-all right! Bring it on, ye bigass dork.||お…おぅ！相手してやろうじゃねぇか|
|▶️||Sh-shoulda stayed away from whatever that is.||ち…近づくこたぁねぇな|
|Star Norma||▶️||See how pirates gather stuff.||海賊のやり方で集めるぜ|
|▶️||I'll go loot every last piece of treasure around here.||金品強奪といこうか|
|▶️||Ima come back with a stack of loot.||たんまり集めてきてやるよ|
|▶️||Looting's allowed, ain't it?||奪ってきてもいいんだな|
|Wins Norma||▶️||I'll go create a ruckus out there.||暴れてくりゃぁいいんだな|
|▶️||Fighting is a means, not the end.||倒すのは手段であって目的じゃあねぇ|
|▶️||Expect no mercy outta me.||手加減はできねぇぜ|
|▶️||I'll beat ‘em up and loot them.||倒すついでに略奪だ|
|Selecting Character||▶️||Ye gotta be a villain just like me.||さては、てめぇも悪党だな|
|▶️||We'll play this dirty!||ダーティーにいこうぜ！|
|▶️||Watch and learn how pirates live their lives!||海賊の流儀を教えてやる|
|▶️||There ain't no law against pirates flying in the sky.||海賊が空を飛んじゃいけねぇ、なんて法はねぇ|
|Starting Game||▶️||Weigh anchor, y'all!||出発だ、野郎ども！|
|▶️||We'll go get them!||さぁ、ひと暴れだ！|
|▶️||We're here to rob everything.||奪い尽くしてくれるわ|
|▶️||Let's go wild.||派手にいこうじゃぁねぇか|
|Winning Game||▶️||Great work, y'all.||野郎ども良くやった|
|▶️||Time to bail, y'all.||ずらかるぜ野郎ども|
|▶️||Gahaha, I've even conquered this board game.||カハハァ、俺はすごろくさえも支配した！|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||Ye one of us now, jackass.||てめぇも海賊の仲間入りだ|
|▶️||Ain't seen you before.||てめぇ新顔じゃあねぇか|
|▶️||That'll make us stronger.||こいつで戦力増強だ|
|▶️||All right, someone take it to the storage.||ようし、倉庫に入れときな|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||Okie dokie.||オーキードーキー|
|Whack a Poppo||▶️||Okay.||おう|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||No.||駄目だな|
|Star Treasure||▶️||Lucky day.||ツイてるじゃねぇか|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Let's go!||よぅし行こう！|
|▶️||Here we go!||ゆくぞぉ！|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||Ahoy.||よう|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Hmm.||ふむぅ|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||Gahaha, that's fantastic!||ガハハ、最高だ！|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||Son of a bitch!||くそが！|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||No reason not to use this.||使わない手はないな|
|▶️||Never seen this one. Interesting.||ほぅ、こんなカードがあるのか|
|▶️||This one looks quite good.||いいもん持ってるじゃねぇか|
|▶️||Let me borrow this.||拝借するぜ|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Use Big Magnum||▶️||Big magnum, fire!!||出ろ！ビッグマグナム！！|
|Vs. Yuki (any)||▶️||Ye have the same smell as us!||てめぇ、同類の臭がするな|
|Vs. Tsih/Mimyuu/Tomato/Nanako/Poppo||▶️||I ain't going easy even on little brats!||ガキンチョょだろうと容赦はせんぞぉ！|
|Vs. Krilalaris||▶️||Oh, I like your face. It's that of a real villain.||おおう、いい面構えじゃねぇか|
|Vs. Aru (any)||▶️||Empty ye damn bag right now!||袋の中のもん全部よこしな！|
|Vs. Fernet/Hime||▶️||Someone smells rich!||カネの匂いがするじゃねぇか|
|Use Tactical Retreat (successfully)||▶️||Ye can take these, so adios!||これで勘弁してくれぃ、あばよ！|
|Use Tactical Retreat (unsuccessfully)||▶️||Son of a bitch, you actually shot me!||てめぇ！撃ちやがったな！|
|Use Dark Side of Business||▶️||This is what we pirates do!||これが海賊のやりかたよぉ！|
|Defeat Kai||▶️||Ye may work for me!||子分にしてやってもいいんだぜ！|
|Vs. Marc||▶️||Ahoy, if it isn't the little wine barrel girl!||おう、酒樽の嬢ちゃんか！|
|KO'd by Marc||▶️||Kuwaha! What's wrong with me, getting defeated by a little chick!||クワァハ！小娘ごときにぃ！|
|Defeat the Boss||▶️||O-o-ooh! I actually took down whatever that was...||お、お、おおぅ！倒せたじゃねぇか…|
|Use Gentleman's Battle||▶️||Mano a mano, you and me! Fair enough, huh?||サシで勝負だ！文句はねぇな！|
|Use Treasure Thief||▶️||This damn card was made for me!||俺にピッタリのカードじゃねぇかぁ！|
|Use Final Battle||▶️||There are battles that one can't run away from!||退けねぇ戦いってのもあるよなぁ！|
|Win the game with a lot of stars (300+?)||▶️||Gaaahahaha! Perfect, just perfect!||ガァーハハハ！重畳、重畳（ちょうじょう）！|
|Pirate Minion defeats opponent with less than 10(?) stars/at Level 1(?)||▶️||Tsk, cheap.||ちっ、しけてやがるぜ|
|Pirate Minion defeats opponent at Level 5 with 50+ stars||▶️||Kuwahahaha, couldn't be better.||クワァハハハ！笑いがどまらねぇ|
|Defeat Marc/Peat||▶️||Don't you dare mess with me!||おいたが過ぎたようだな！|
|Summon Mercenary (Bounty Hunt)||▶️||Aye aye sir!||アイアイサー！|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Here we go!||いくぜい！|
|▶️||Come fight us!||俺達が相手だー！|
|▶️||We'll make you proud, Capt'n!||見ててくだせぇ、お頭ぁ！|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||Bring it on!||かかってきな！|
|▶️||That's what I'm talkin' about!||おうおう、きやがれ！|
|▶️||The prey finds its hunter!||獲物の方から来やがった！|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||That bloody hurrrrts!||い”でぇぇぇ！|
|▶️||That was close!||あぶねぇ！|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||I did it, Capt'n!||やりましたぜ！|
|▶️||We got some booty, Capt'n!||戦利品ですぜ、お頭！|
|▶️||Yo ho ho!||ヨーホーホー！|
|KO'd in Battle||▶️||Capt'n...||お頭～っ！|
|▶️||My bad... Capt'n...||すんません…お頭…|
|▶️||I messed up!||駄目っしたぁ～！|
|Opening the game||▶️||Orange_Juice and Fruitbat Factory.||オレンジジュースアンドフルーツバットファクトリー|
|Title screen||▶️||100% Orange Juice!||100％おれんじじゅ～すっ！|
|Start of player 1 turn||▶️||Player 1.||プレイヤーワン|
|Start of player 2 turn||▶️||Player 2.||プレイヤーツー|
|Start of player 3 turn||▶️||Player 3.||プレイヤースリー|
|Start of player 4 turn||▶️||Player 4.||プレイヤーフォー|
|Starting a battle||▶️||Battle.||バトル|
|Winning a battle||▶️||Win.||ウィン|
|Triggering a bonus panel||▶️||Bonus.||ボーナス|
|Triggering a drop panel||▶️||Drop.||ドロップ|
|Triggering a draw panel||▶️||Card draw.||カードドロー|
|Triggering warp panel||▶️||Warp.||ワープ|
|Triggering a move panel||▶️||Move.||ムーブ|
|Triggering warp move panel||▶️||Warp move.||ワープムーブ|
|Triggering a trap||▶️||Trap triggered.||トラップ発動|
|Skipping a turn||▶️||Skip.||スキップ|
|Stopping on a panel affected by Immovable Object||▶️||Stop.||ストップ|
|Triggering a norma check without meeting the requirements||▶️||Norma check.||ノルマチェック|
|Reaching level 2||▶️||Norma level 1 achieved.||ノルマレベルワン達成|
|Reaching level 3||▶️||Norma level 2 achieved.||ノルマレベルツー達成|
|Reaching level 4||▶️||Norma level 3 achieved.||ノルマレベルスリー達成|
|Reaching level 5||▶️||Norma level 4 achieved.||ノルマレベルフォー達成|
|Winning the game||▶️||Final norma achieved!||最終ノルマ達成！|
|Attempting to connect to a lobby||▶️||Connecting.||コネクティング|
|Successfully connecting to a lobby||▶️||Connected.||コネクティド|
|Failing to connect to a lobby||▶️||Failed.||フェイルド|
|Attempting to connect to a full lobby||▶️||Lobby full.||ロビーフル|
|Another player joins the lobby||▶️||Player joined.||プレイヤージョインド|
|Another player leaves the lobby||▶️||Player left.||プレイヤーレフト|
- Tequila appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of
, , and .
- Pirate Crew Member appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the description of . He also appears in the artwork for .
- Tequila is the first boss you fight in Flying Red Barrel.
- Tequila is drawn and voiced by Hono.
- Tequila is the first DLC or bonus character to have their hyper art drawn by someone other than Hono.
- Pirate Crew Members will have the same color and accessories equipped as the Tequila who summoned them.