Additionally, Tequila is able to summon the character Pirate Crew Member (海賊子分 Kaizoku kobun) as a minion using his passive.
- Pirate Crew Member can appear as an enemy unit on panels.
- Receive +1 ATK per HP lost in combat. (Effect is not persistent, and only lasts for that battle.)
Pirate Crew Member
- Opponent loses [their level x 10] stars if defeated (as opposed to the standard 1/2).
- The player who summoned this unit gain the stars.
- Does not appear on panels to the summoner.
Tequila is a unique character that has 2 powerful passive abilities. His first is his ability to cause Pirate Crew Members to appear through encounter panels. This passive works even if Tequila is KO'd. Take note that if 2 or more players are using Tequila, Tequila can run into other Pirate Crew Members from the other Tequila players. His other passive is the ability to gain ATK in battle as he loses HP. Due to his -3 EVD stat & 5 HP, Tequila can intentionally evade lower attacks to guaranteed he takes damage & deliver a powerful counterattack. Because of his extremely low EVD, he is better suited as a defensive character, rather than an aggressive bully.
While his low EVD is beneficial at full health, it's a death sentence when at 1 HP, leaving him to deal with his high REC of 6. Tequila also doesn't fare as well against random encounters & bosses due to his neutral ATK & inability to attack second against these units.
- +Passive makes him a great defensive unit.
- +Gets an extra +1 ATK when using Big Magnum.
- +Can intentionally evade survivable rolls to further increase ATK.
- +Summons Pirates who can earn stars for him simply by existing in the game
- +Pirates don't give any stars when defeated, so opponents will get less stars from Encounter panels on average
- -High REC
- -Almost guaranteed to get KO'd at 1 HP when attacking second due to his -3 EVD
- -Pirate Crew Members are frail & tend to die quickly, making it easier for opponents to earn wins
- -Pirate Crew Members only make opponents lose (Lvl x 10) stars as opposed to half of them.
- -Hyper is fairly expensive and unreliable due to not placing many traps and placement being random.