This page needs to be expanded with information about recommended strategies. You can help 100% Orange Juice Wiki by.
- Playing As Tequila
- Since Tequila gains attack in battle for each HP he loses, he tends to fare better on defense than offense.
- As Tequila's passive is reliant on losing health, cards that aid in healing such as , , and are excellent cards to pack. can also be used as well.
- Using or (at full HP) combos quite well with Tequila's passive. Big Magnum provides him with a +3 ATK stat due to him losing HP in battle, while Final Battle enables his passive to chain, resulting in Tequila becoming stronger with each turn.
- works in perfect synergy with Tequila and is essential. By intentionally evading a hit that he can survive, he will gain a large ATK boost, enabling him to possibly KO the attacker and recover all damage taken in the battle.
- Tequila can get some of the most use out of as it counters his poor REC stat.
- can be used to help soften up would be attackers and make them think twice about attacking the player.
- can be used effectively with Tequila. It can be used for defense against high ATK characters while at low HP, and great on offense against bosses. However, it can shut down him trying to get a KO with
- Since Tequila isn't card reliant, he can use to punish characters that do rely on cards
- can threaten opponents with a Pirate Crew Member, even if Tequila isn't the one to place it.
- The Pirate Crew Members can get a massive boost from which can result in higher chance of KO'ing opponents.
- removes Tequila's weakness to out of combat damage if he is able to get it
- allows Tequila to recover faster and gives him a chance to be able to evade 3s
- Playing Against Tequila
- The easiest way to avoid Tequila taking advantage of his passive is to not attack him at all.
- Sherry can be used to avoid Tequila's passive nearly entirely with her passive. In the same vein, Kai's hyper can be used to safely attack him without fear of counterattacking.
- Cards that deal damage outside of battle, such as , , , and are extra effective against Tequila, as they hinder his ability to counterattack.
- works really well against Tequila since it allows the user to steal stars from him, which is normally hard to do when he is above 2 HP. It also makes the user not deal any damage, so his passive wont trigger.
- can be very effective against Tequila since he is unlikely to evade someone using it, while he loses more stars from being KO'd