The Poppo Event, also known as the Poppo Intensifies Event, is an August exclusive seasonal event in 100% Orange Juice. It was the first seasonal event introduced, and is the third event of a chronological year. It was the first event to include seasonal items that could only be obtained during the event. The event features a greatly increased amount of Marie Poppo within the game, as well as exclusive cosmetics for Marie Poppo.
Unlike other events, the Poppo Event is treated much more secretly. It is almost never announced explicitly, with accompanying changelogs usually saying only something akin to "Poppo intensifies". The event was officially introduced with the release of Version 1.6.6 in 2014, with no mention of it in the changelog at all.
Introduced with Version 1.6.6, the first Poppo event changed a number of elements of 100% Orange Juice into Poppo. These changes have continued to re-occur during every subsequent Poppo event.
- The taskbar icon for the game is changed into that of Rad Poppo.
- The avatar on the main menu is changed to that of Marie Poppo, with a star-shaped meter appearing next to her.
- All CPU players in Free Play (both singleplayer and multiplayer) play as Marie Poppo, each equipped with a random color.
- Marie Poppo is unlocked for all players during the event.
This event also added an exclusive unlockable costume for Marie Poppo, known as Rad Poppo.
The 2014 Poppo Event is a seasonal event that ran from August 6th, 2014 - August 11th, 2014.
- To unlock the Rad Poppo costume, the meter on the main menu had to be filled by stealing 900 stars from other players with Poppo's hyper, Ubiquitous.
- Stars stolen in multiplayer games were worth three times more for the purposes of filling the meter, meaning it was possible to fill it completely after stealing only 300 stars, if playing only in multiplayer.
- You had to be playing as Poppo when stealing stars to fill the meter. Obtaining and using Ubiquitous as a different character through means such as Gift Exchange would not fill the meter.
- Once enough stars had been stolen, going back to the main menu would show an animation of the meter filling up to full, and Rad Poppo would be unlocked. Rad Poppo would then replace the regular Poppo on the main menu, and the meter would no longer be there.
- Rad Poppo is the only Poppo Event costume that can be found in a Mystery Bag.
|Rad Poppo||Steal 900 stars with Poppo's Hyper, with stars stolen in multiplayer games counting for triple.|
Released with Version 1.9.8, the 2015 Poppo event functioned the same as it did last event. However, a new costume for Poppo was added that was able to be earned after unlocking Rad Poppo, named Dapper Poppo.
The 2015 Poppo Event is a seasonal event that ran from August 10th, 2015 - ????
- Rad Poppo could be unlocked the same way as it was the previous year. If the player already had Rad Poppo, she would appear on the main menu from the start.
- Once Rad Poppo was on the main menu, a second star-shaped meter would be produced (rather than there just being no meter like the previous year). This meter was filled completely by KOing 9 Bosses as Marie Poppo, while wearing the Rad Poppo costume.
- Bosses KO'd in multiplayer games were worth three times more for the purposes of filling the meter, meaning it was possible to fill it completely after KOing only 3 Bosses, if playing only in multiplayer.
- Once enough Bosses had been KO'd, going back to the main menu would show an animation of the meter filling up to full, and Dapper Poppo would be unlocked. Dapper Poppo would then replace the Rad Poppo on the main menu, and no meter would be there any longer.
|Dapper Poppo||KO 9 Bosses as Rad Poppo, with Bosses KO'd in multiplayer games counting for triple.|
Released with Version 1.13.3, the 2016 Poppo Event, along with its existing features, introduced a new Boss to the game named Big Poppo, which only appears in games where one or more players are playing as Marie Poppo with an event costume equipped. An additional Poppo costume was also added that looks almost identical to Big Poppo, known as Cyborg Poppo.
The 2016 Poppo Event is a seasonal event that ran from August 16th, 2016 - ????
- The requirement for unlocking the Cyborg Poppo costume is to defeat Big Poppo while playing as Marie Poppo.
- Big Poppo has a chance of appearing in place of the usual Boss in games where people are playing as Marie Poppo with a Poppo event costume equipped (Rad Poppo, Dapper Poppo, or Cyborg Poppo). Her chance of appearing is +25% for every player who is an event Poppo, with her being guaranteed to appear if every player is an event Poppo.
- Unlike previous Poppo costumes, unlocking and wearing existing Poppo costumes are not prerequisites to obtaining Cyborg Poppo.
- Big Poppo does not count as a Boss KO for the purposes of unlocking Dapper Poppo.
- Big Poppo and Cyborg Poppo are both not seasonal post-release, meaning that Big Poppo can be summoned and the costume can be earned at any time if the required conditions are met. Cyborg Poppo is the only Poppo costume that can be earned outside of the event.
|Cyborg Poppo||KO Big Poppo as Marie Poppo.|
Released with Version 1.19.3, this event added yet another Poppo outfit to unlock. Also, in addition to the existing Poppo-related changes made to the game, all enemy units and Bosses wore Poppo masks for the duration of the event.
The 2017 Poppo Event is a seasonal event that ran from August 17th, 2017 - September 25th, 2017.
- Once all previous Poppo costumes had been unlocked, another star-shaped meter would appear on the title screen, this time with Cyborg Poppo. This meter is filled after KOing 36 enemy units (Chicken, Robo Ball, and Seagull NPCs) as Marie Poppo, while wearing the Cyborg Poppo costume.
- Enemy units KO'd in multiplayer games were worth three times more for the purposes of filling the meter, meaning it was possible to fill it completely after KOing only 12 enemy units, if playing only in multiplayer.
- Even though Cyborg Poppo can be obtained without unlocking Rad or Dapper Poppo, all three costumes had to be earned before the meter to unlock Tuxedo Poppo would start counting up.
- Bosses did not count for the purposes of filling the meter.
|Tuxedo Poppo||KO 36 enemy units as Cyborg Poppo, with enemy units KO'd in multiplayer games counting for triple.|
|Image||Name||How to Obtain||Unlock||Bag|
|Rad Poppo||Steal 900 stars with Poppo's Hyper, with stars stolen in multiplayer games counting for triple.||Poppo||Yes|
|Dapper Poppo||KO 9 Bosses as Rad Poppo, with Bosses KO'd in multiplayer games counting for triple.||Poppo||No|
|Cyborg Poppo||KO Big Poppo as Marie Poppo.||Poppo||No|
|Tuxedo Poppo||KO 36 enemy units as Cyborg Poppo, with enemy units KO'd in multiplayer games counting for triple.||Poppo||No|
|Valentine's Day Event • School Crashers Event • Summer Event • Poppo Event • Halloween Event • Christmas Event|
|Unit Events • Double XP Event • Double Drop Event • Field Event|
|Hyper Art Contest Event • Plushy Event • Acceleration of Suguri 2 Event|